- This event has passed.
Recess on the Rocks: Chemistry in Color
September 13, 2017 | 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm PDT$30
Remember how much you looked forward to recess? It’s back! KidsQuest Children’s Museum’s Recess on the Rocks brings boring chemistry into full color. Check out some of the activities available during this event:
- Ever wonder how to make the perfect latte? Learn about the chemical reactions of milk fats and coffee beans that create the ideal sip for your morning routine with Café Cesura.
- Omega Photo is taking the selfie old school and examining how film is developed. Use water and sunlight to turn found objects into artistic images!
- In Washington we love our apples, but how do you know when they are ready to make cider? With a Tieton Cider in hand, test apples to find the acidity levels that make the perfect drink.
- Love wine? Where Is Pinot will be showing how wine changes when paired with flavors like sugar and salt!
- Chefs from Bon Appétit will be cooking with chemistry and teaching how to make better use of science in your kitchen!
Open bar included in the ticket price. Enjoy wine and beer and don’t forget to try the event signature cocktail that will truly bring chemistry into color!
$25 pre-sale tickets include admission and drinks*
$30 at the door (if available)
Pre-sale closed. Tickets will be available at the door starting at 6:00 pm.
*Recess tickets are a tax-deductible donation to KidsQuest Children’s Museum, and support the museum’s mission to create learning through the power of play.